Neapolitans don't like to plan in advance.
I think it has to do with living in the shadow of a vulcano that will sooner or later wipe out half of Italy (or more).
'There is no certainty about tomorrow, so let's enjoy today' really is pretty engrained in the way they live.
Even after ten plus years, that philosophy still isn't even slightly engrained in me, but I do admit that it has some good aspects, every now and then.
Because just when I thought my holidays were as good as over and today all I would do would be clean, iron (with a view) and moan about my period,
Enzo, the son-in-law, called to ask if we felt like eating una zuppa di cozze (typical Neapolitan dish based on mussels) tonight.
Luckily we found a restaurant that's open (because you know, national holiday week) and it was...
Clara



No comments:
Post a Comment